By thecriddler at 14:45 on 07/02/13
0 comments... add your comments below
2 Feb to 6 May...
Take a trip down memory lane, sink back into the loving certainties of a simpler time and the pleasures of childhood in M Shed's Chocolate! exhibition.
This golden ticket family exhibition explores the history, mystery, magic and science of one of Bristol's (and the nation's) favourite products - chocolate!
Unwrap the stories of those who made the confectionery in the city over the past 250 years, find out why it tastes so good and remember the brands from years gone by.
Among the special highlights, families will be able to…
• View over 500 objects from the Museum's collections on display, dating back to 1729
• See the last Fry's Chocolate bar and last Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisp chocolates
• Cast your eyes over original recipes for Turkish Delights and Vanilla Chocolates
• Find out what it was like to work in a Chocolate factory
• Enjoy a multi sensory experience with working machinery, smells and items to touch
• Get interactive by designing and making your own chocolate box
• From bean to bar... the chocolate making process will be unwrapped.
• Each visitor will receive a free chocolate!
Admission: £5 / £4 concessions / £3 children / Under 5s go free / Family Ticket £10 (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children)
Special free entry days (Sorry no group bookings on free days) Wednesday 20 February, Wednesday 20 March and Wednesday 17 April 2013
1 in 10 group visitors go free. Groups must book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no group bookings on 'free days'.
See more here: http://tinyurl.com/aegvfqr
Date: Thursday, February 07, 2013