By hippychic1 at 12:33 on 14/03/13
0 comments... add your comments below
From 10am on Saturday, March 30 through to 6pm on Sunday, March 31 on Easter weekend, residents and visitors to the historic city of Bristol can enjoy the sweet delights of The Chocolate Festival.
Located at the Centre Promenade (top of the Cascade Steps), Harbourside, this is only the third time that this popular foodie event has visited the city. The Chocolate Festival promotes the exceptional and exciting chocolatiers available in the UK and Europe and creates awareness for quality chocolate as well as ethical trading practices.
Chocolatiers who will be showing and selling their delicious and innovative creations include Damian Allsop, Zara Chocolates and Duffy's Red Star Chocolate. Other sweet chocolatey treats on offer will include brownies, chocolate cake, chocolate fudge and chocolate wine. There will also be a great selection of Easter eggs and bunnies.
Yael Rose, event director of The Chocolate Festival and self-confessed chocolate fanatic, says: "The Festival is a great way to showcase some of the finest chocolate available here in the UK and Europe. It demystifies some of the questions surrounding fine chocolate and helps lovers of chocolate discover that there is so much more to it than just cheap, sugary pre-packed chocolate bars. It's a great event for all the family. So come and visit us, talk to some of the makers and buy some delicious artisan chocolate to enjoy at home."
Pay the Festival a visit over this weekend - it's a great way to treat friends and family to some delicious chocolate and sweet goodies at Easter!
The Chocolate Festival takes place in: Centre Promenade top of the Cascade Steps (near the Bristol Hippodrome), Bristol City Centre, St. Augustine's Parade, Bristol, BS1 4UZ
Opening times: 10am – 6pm daily, on Saturday, March 30 and Sunday, March 31, 2013
Facebook: The Chocolate Festival http://tinyurl.com/d43bzca
List of Exhibitors to date:
• Burely Fudge (http://tinyurl.com/d7hhbw6) - chocolate covered fudge.
• Clifton Cakes (http://tinyurl.com/bulr9en) - Fabulous Couture cakes for every occasion.
• The Continental Bakery - Delicious cakes and desserts.
• Damian Allsop (http://tinyurl.com/cbchgs7) - Chocolate like you've never tasted it before.
• Edibubble (http://tinyurl.com/6n9e6fh) - Gifts that make you go mmmm.
• Fair and Square Brownies (http://tinyurl.com/bllodsh) – Fairtrade indulgently delicious chocolate brownies.
• Hen's Kichen (http://tinyurl.com/c2cel9y) - Cheesecakes, cookies and hot chocolates - all gluten free.
• Jaz and Juls (http://tinyurl.com/cmvgfta) - Handmade organic hot chocolate.
• The ****y Kitchen - Quirky cookies and bakes using Belgian chocolate.
• Duffy's Red Star Chocolate (redstarchocolate.co.uk) - Single-origin chocolate bars from around the world.
• The Chocolatier (http://tinyurl.com/c5qkesu) - Fine artisan British chocolates.
• The Wine Tasting Company (http://tinyurl.com/cclw22m) - Chocolate wine.
• Zara's Chocolates (http://tinyurl.com/bu7mec7) - Locally handmade chocolates.
The Chocolate Festival comes to Bristol Harbourside for Easter 2013.
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2013
Repeats: Every Day until Sunday, March 31, 2013